TOP 10 DEFECTS
Knowing some of the usual defects inspectors discover during an inspection allows you to be a well informed buyer. Rowell's Home Inspections has compiled a list of the top 10 defects found in most homes. Repairs or replacement could cost or save you thousands of dollars. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding possible problems in your home.
Rowell's Home Inspections
Serving Florence, SC and Surrounding Counties
Tel. No. 843-667-0803
Cell No. 843-621-0348
Top 10 Defects
- Damaged, improperly installed shingles. Loose / unsealed roof flashing, vent boots and other roofing defects. Unrepaired roofing problems could result in leaks and possible major damage.
- Exterior wood damage, which may include siding, support posts, boxing areas, windows etc. Unrepaired exterior damage may cause weather/ water intrusion into supporting framing members and result into major damage.
- Crawl space damage and concerns which may include, moisture related damage, insect damage, leaking supply and drain pipes, damaged duct work, plumbing leaks etc.
- Rotten floor joists and band joists at the front and rear door areas visible inside the crawl space
- Unsupported or inadequately supported under floor sills and girders
- Visible open unprotected wire connections in the crawl space and attic
- Defective ground fault circuit breaker interrupter outlets in bathrooms, kitchen, garage, and outside.
- Oversized breakers attached to inadequately sized wiring in electrical sub panels.
- Inadequately functioning HVAC systems
- Leaking or loosely mounted toilets